Bob Baker Marionette Theater's
TOYCHEST OPEN JUNE 16 - SEPTEMBER 15!
Children under 2 are FREE!
Bob Baker’s “Enchanted Toyshop” is a magnificent vision of a toy store come to life. Originally staged as “Toyland Review” in 1963, this whimsical and imaginative production intended to make real the fantasies of every child who has ever experienced the wonder of playing with a toy. From animated cuckoo clocks to tumbling teddy bears, from jack-in-the-boxes to wooden soldiers, “Enchanted Toyshop” is a universal exploration of the childlike wonder and fantasy that kids of all ages should embrace and envision.
Wed. July 18
Doors: 7:30 p.m.
Women and Film present Mala Morska Vila - Women and Film are excited to present a rare screening of MALA MORSKA VILA (84 min run time), the 1976 Czech adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's classic coming-of-age tale The Little Mermaid! Featuring a breathtakingly oceanic fantasy kingdom, baroque yet avant-garde costume design in shades of ultramarine and aqua, and a score of watery soundscapes by electronic composer Zdenek Liska, the ethereal Eastern European take on this familiar story is one of the most haunting of all. Join us for a night of enchantment under the sea, complete with puppet show and post-screening reception!
Doors: 7:00 p.m.
When Puppets Are Your Only Friends
WHEN PUPPETS ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN
A comedy-variety adventure, reimagining of the 1975 Disney classic, starring your hosts Molly Fite and Jared Ramirez AND
the original puppets from the film!!!
Fans will remember ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN's classic marionette sequence puppeteered and puppets fabricated by the one and only
This month's guests:
Tim Nordwind + Elena Flores
Patrick Michael Ballard
+ MANY MORE SURPRISING SURPRISES!!
Doors: 8:00 p.m.
Hosted by Lindsay Benner, world renowned juggler and entertainer, this family friendly evening will highlight females of magnificent talent and echoes of the bygone and golden era of Vaudevillian comedy and performance!
LOCATION AND PARKING INFORMATION
- We are located in beautiful Downtown Los Angeles at the merging corners of 1st Street, 2nd Street, and Glendale Blvd.
- Our theater is directly under the Beverly Street Bridge/ 1st St. Bridge, near Belmont High School and six blocks West of the Disney Music Hall.
- We are a mile and a half South of Echo Park Lake.
- The most common problem is finding yourself on Beverly Blvd., going over the Beverly Street Bridge and into or away from Downtown.
- Street Parking is available, but limited. We encourage you to arrive early.
- There is a Pay Lot on Glendale Blvd. PAYBOX cost is $5.00 - CASH ONLY
Please be prepared to write your License Plate Number or Space Number on an envelope for payment provided at the Paybox at the lot entrance on Glendale Blvd.
1345 W. First St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026