Bob Baker's fiesta
THROUGH MARCH 26!
Join the Bob Baker Marionettes in a South of the Border puppet extravaganza! Cacti doing the samba! Dias des los muertos Skeletons! Skating Somberos! The Three Caballeros! And so much more!
Join us around the piñata for a true Fiesta Alegre!
Opening APRIL 1, 2017!
After 25 years laying dormant, the current Bob Baker Marionette Theater is proud to present a true Bob Baker spectacle! an Educational and Entertaining Extravaganza! With 100’s of Bob Baker’s hand crafted marionettes - that wiggle and shake to make you giggle and applaud.
The Memories! live music
APRIL 7! - ONE NIGHT ONLY! Co-Presented by Burger Records! The Memories take over the Bob Baker Theater with their special brand of shoegazy, melodic, garage-pop. This event will include a live set and puppet show along with a dj and drinks in the party room!
Welcome to our famous Los Angeles tradition!
The Birthday Party Packages at the BOB BAKER MARIONETTE THEATER consist of the following:
- A sheet cake from Hansen's Bakery, designed to your liking!
- Ice Cream, Fruit Punch & Lemonade!
- Fully decorated party facility!
- A balloon festival inside our beautiful Theater!
- A solid gold adjustable crown & Birthday gift for the Guest of Honor!
- A post-show puppet Meet-and-Greet with photo opportunities!
Field trips – schools, seniors, others
We offer group pricing for the following groups:
- Field Trips
- Boy and Girl Scout Troops
- Senior Groups
- Home Schools
*group pricing currently offered for organizations only.
Allow the Bob Baker Marionette Theater to bring the joy of puppetry to your home, event, or function!
Perfect for schools, country clubs, birthday parties, business functions, or simply anywhere where there's fun is to be had.
We offer a traveling troupe to perform a self contained marionette variety show!
PRivate Events and theater rental
Special evening puppet performances, live music, masquerade balls, comedy and so much more. The Theater offers a vast array of public and private events throughout the year.
You can also rent our theater to host your own events!
LOCATION AND PARKING INFORMATION
- We are located in beautiful Downtown Los Angeles at the merging corners of 1st Street, 2nd Street, and Glendale Blvd.
- Our theater is under the Beverly Street Bridge, near Belmont High School and six blocks West of the new Disney Music Hall.
- We are a mile and a half South of Echo Park Lake.
- The most common problem is finding yourself on Beverly Blvd., going over the Beverly Street Bridge and into or away from Downtown.
- We are directly under the Beverly Blvd/ 1st. Street Bridge.
- Street Parking is limited. We encourage you to arrive early.
- There is a Pay Lot on Glendale Blvd. PAYBOX cost is $5.00 - CASH ONLY
NOTE: Please be prepared to write your License Plate Number or Space Number on an envelope for payment provided at the Paybox.
1345 W. First St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026