Bob Baker Marionette Theater's
TOYCHEST OPEN JUNE 16 - SEPTEMBER 15!
Children under 2 are FREE!
Bob Baker’s “Enchanted Toyshop” is a magnificent vision of a toy store come to life. Originally staged as “Toyland Review” in 1963, this whimsical and imaginative production intended to make real the fantasies of every child who has ever experienced the wonder of playing with a toy. From animated cuckoo clocks to tumbling teddy bears, from jack-in-the-boxes to wooden soldiers, “Enchanted Toyshop” is a universal exploration of the childlike wonder and fantasy that kids of all ages should embrace and envision.
8/4, 8/11, and 8/18
5:30 p.m. Shows!
A brilliant and beautiful puppetry and performance extravaganza! The Bob Baker crew teams up with Le PeTiT CiRqUe– America's only all-kid Cirque Company- to enchant and amaze!
"This is the most spectacular show I've ever seen"
When Puppets are Your Only Friends
Sunday, August 26
Doors at 7, Show at 8
When Puppets are Your Only Friends pt XXII - Molly and Jrd have had it! They need a vacation from all the drudgeries of LA puppet life! This month they're whisking away the whole show to the home of the most famous puppet of all: Pinocchio!!!
Yes, it's an Italian vacation-themed romp! Join us for the Roman Holiday of a lifetime without ever leaving the Bob Baker Marionette Theater!
Women in Vaudeville:
Friday August 31 at 7 p.m.
A special early show, with kid-friendly performances and comedy!
Hosted by Lindsay Benner, world renowned juggler and entertainer, this family friendly evening will highlight females of magnificent talent and echoes of the bygone and golden era of Vaudevillian comedy and performance! Doors at 6pm, show at 7pm!
El Cine Presents...
The Three Caballeros
1944, run time 72 mins
Saturday, September 1
Doors at 5p.m., Screening at 6p.m.
Join El Cine and the Bob Baker Marionettes for a screening of the 1944 classic, THE THREE CABALLEROS, starring Donald Duck in four short stories as he travels around South America. We will have pre-show music and, of course, puppets! Doors and music at 5pm, screening at 6pm.
LOCATION AND PARKING INFORMATION
- We are located in beautiful Downtown Los Angeles at the merging corners of 1st Street, 2nd Street, and Glendale Blvd.
- Our theater is directly under the Beverly Street Bridge/ 1st St. Bridge, near Belmont High School and six blocks West of the Disney Music Hall.
- We are a mile and a half South of Echo Park Lake.
- The most common problem is finding yourself on Beverly Blvd., going over the Beverly Street Bridge and into or away from Downtown.
- Street Parking is available, but limited. We encourage you to arrive early.
- There is a Pay Lot on Glendale Blvd. PAYBOX cost is $5.00 - CASH ONLY
Please be prepared to write your License Plate Number or Space Number on an envelope for payment provided at the Paybox at the lot entrance on Glendale Blvd.
1345 W. First St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026